Lunch and Learn
Essential Components of a Successful Architectural Woodwork Project
In this session you will get an in-depth look at the definition of the three grades of architectural woodwork, as governed by the Architectural Woodwork Standards Edition 2, 2014 and where to best use them in your project. This session will discuss the concept of quality as it relates to custom one-off manufacturing and the most common reasons why architectural projects come off the rails.Plus, the session will explore the wording of your specifications – are you creating clarity or confusion? As well you will learn how to verify finished woodwork that meets the requirements of your specification.
The learning objectives are:
- Get a better handle on defining quality
- How to simplify the quality verification process
- Understanding and selecting the appropriate Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS) grade
- Clarity in your architectural woodwork specifications
We will bring a complimentary copy of our AWS, edition 2, 2014.
We are also open to discussing other topics related to architectural woodwork - please consider the following questions:
- Which tools or methods do you use when inspecting a completed architectural woodwork project?
- Have you ever been disappointed with the outcome of an architectural woodwork project? If so, please explain.
- Which aspect of architectural woodwork would you like to learn more about?